Monday, June 28, 2010

The New "FAB!" Me

Something I noticed recently from comments people have been giving me, is that my weight loss has made a huge impact on the overall happiness of my life. I know weight isn't supposed to play such an important role in your overall self perception, but accomplishing such a feat as losing nearly 60lbs. can definitley do wonders for one's self-esteem! While I have obviously noticed my confidence increase as my weight dropped, I have never felt more confident in myself than I do now. I finally feel like that "thin, healthy, toned, fit, sexy" girl that I had always admired in others. I am proud of my body, not just the way it looks but how hard it works for me and the things that it can do. Most recently, I have noticed how much my running has improved in soccer! It takes a lot more for me to become winded now, and I can actually keep up with some of the others! But the thing I noticed most was what others are noticing in me. So many people have commented on how confident, happy, and energetic I seem. People ask me where I get my motivation and my energy? They are commenting on pictures saying how amazing I look and how I always seem so happy. Well, that's because I am happy! I have always loved who I was on the inside and I beleive I have always been one to have a fair amount of confidence (even in my heavier days). But now, I am definitley full of confidence! Yes, I love my appearance but I also seem to love my job, my boyfriend, my family, my friends, my whole life a little more! Others are noticing how happy I am and the overall change my weight loss has given me. So, yes, while it's absolutely important not to let your weight and your body image dictate every aspect of your life, being fit and healthy changes your life in so many ways, and definitley all for the better :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment