Sunday, August 8, 2010

The 13 Week Run Program

In my last post, I wrote about how being active has become a regular occurance in my life. That being said, I am constantly trying to find new ways to be active in order to keep myself motivated, interested, and most of all - challenged. Last year I joined soccer to improve my running and because I love team sports (I am playing again this year and learning a lot more about how to play the game). But my most recent challenge to myself, is to become a runner.

I have always admired runners. I consider them to be athletic, fit, toned, and very healthy. Running has always been a huge challenge to me, I can barely run down the street without huffing and puffing, so hearing that people run 5km, 10km, or half or full marathons, completely amazes and impresses me!

I have tried running in the past but never followed through with it. But recently I decided it was time to try again. My body is the healthiest and fittest and in the best shape it's ever been in, so it's time to give it the ultimate challenge - I AM GOING TO BECOME A RUNNER!

I look to some of my close friends as symbols of inspiration. Some names that come to mind are Helaina, Melissa, Natalie, Kristina, Catherine and Erin :-) All of these lovely ladies are regular runners -- some have even run complete marathons!!! Amazing!!! I think of these ladies when I am running and talk to them for encouragement and advice :-)

So I have decided to add to my blog with posts about my runs. The Beginning Runner's Handbook (which is the program I am following) says that "journalling" can be very helpful and rewarding when learning to run, so I have decided to use this venue for my journalling.... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment